"PAINTING WITH SCISSORS"
Women’s Art Retreat featuring Magazine Collage Workshops
March 19-22, 2020We look forward to having you join us at Serenbe, a wellness community near Atlanta, Georgia, for an unforgettable weekend filled with the art of magazine collage, activities, cultural experiences, and priceless connections with other amazing women! You'll dine on locally sourced and farm fresh organic cuisine from acclaimed area chefs, enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of your surroundings, and be inspired and uplifted by soulful, creative, and passionate women. For once, there’s nothing for you to worry about or manage. Every detail of this extraordinary all-inclusive experience has been carefully curated and planned for you, so you can just relax and enjoy the weekend, explore your creativity, indulge in exceptional food and drink, rekindle your imagination and joy for life, recharge your soul, and BE INSPIRED ❤ ❤
- Check-in: Thursday, March 19, 2020, beginning at 3:00 p.m., with a group dinner scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
- Checkout: Sunday, March 22, 2020, by 11:00 a.m.
- Three nights of luxurious accommodations at Serenbe, a gorgeous wellness community connected to nature on the edge of Atlanta, Georgia, that can only be described as magical. (Your choice of singe or double occupancy)
- All meals and gratuities throughout the entire weekend, featuring locally sourced and farm fresh organic cuisine and fine dining full course meals. (Please be sure to note any dietary restrictions or food allergies on the registration form)
- All beverages throughout the entire weekend, including wine, beer, and cocktails, as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
- Two extensive Magazine Collage Workshops, including personal instruction, guidance, and encouragement from multimedia artist Tracie Joyner. A full kit of materials and supplies will also be provided so you can continue to explore your creativity at home!
- A unique and engaging outdoor theatre performance by Serenbe Playhouse.
- A group Wine Tasting, including a charcuterie board pairing.
- Insightful conversations, Fabulous friendships, and Laughter galore!
- A visit to the Serenbe Farmers and Artisans Market, an eclectic market featuring local and sustainable growers, artists, and craftsmen (and craftswomen :)
- Your choice of other individual or group activities throughout the weekend, including a Waterfall Hike; Stone Labyrinth Reflection Walk; Swimming Pool & Hot Tub; Feeding Baby Farm Animals; and Unlimited Photographic Opportunities!
- Evening drinks and social gatherings to relax and connect with your awesome new friends!
- A Farewell Evening Bonfire with S'mores.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and free parking.
- Transportation throughout the weekend, including your return transportation to the Atlanta Airport.
- Access to our Private Retreat Facebook group, where you can meet your retreat sisters and share travel tips, flight deals, and planning information!
- Surprises, gifts, and other delightful extras!
- Your transportation to and from Atlanta, Georgia
- Your transportation from the Atlanta Airport to Serenbe
- Total Price: $2,195 per person (private bedroom with private bath)
- Shared Room Discount: $1,795 per person (shared private bedroom with twin beds and private bath)
- A $350 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot, with payment of the remaining balance due in full by February 20, 2020.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW DO I GET THERE?
The largest airport servicing the metro Atlanta area is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). It’s a short 25-minute ride from the airport to Serenbe at an approximate cost of $30-$35 by Uber or Lyft. For driving directions, you should set your destination for The Inn at Serenbe, 10950 Hutcheson Ferry Road, Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268. We will have our own free parking spaces if you are bringing a vehicle.
WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD THIS RETREAT?
This is not your average retreat. It's sure to be an extraordinary experience for everyone involved. You will be investing in yourself and taking a much-deserved break so you can return home relaxed and rejuvenated.
HOW CAN I CONNECT WITH OTHER ATTENDEES PRIOR TO THE RETREAT?
Registered attendees will be invited to join a private Facebook group. It’s the best way to meet and get to know other attendees, make plans for a shared room arrangement, share travel tips and flight deals, get the latest updated info about the event, and just soak up all the creative and positive energy! If you are not on Facebook, please consider joining us!
WHAT IF I WANT TO SHARE A ROOM WITH MY FRIEND?
You can indicate on the registration form that you wish to share a room with your friend. Once your friend has confirmed her registration, both of you will receive the discounted rate.
HOW DO I FIND A ROOMMATE IF I’M WILLING TO SHARE A ROOM BUT DON’T HAVE ANYONE IN MIND?
You can note your preference on the registration form. If someone else indicates they’re also willing to share a room, you will be notified and both of you will receive the discounted rate. You can also connect with other attendees and find a roommate by posting in the private Facebook group.
MAY I BRING A GUEST WITH ME WHO IS NOT TAKING CLASSES?
No. The accommodations are only for retreat participants.
WHAT WILL THE WEATHER BE LIKE? WHAT CLOTHES SHOULD I BRING?
Spring weather in Georgia can vary. The days are generally pleasant and in the 60’s, while the nights can be cool and in the 40’s. Layers are best, with sweaters or jackets. Comfortable shoes are recommended. It’s also a good idea to bring an umbrella, sunscreen, and bug repellent “just in case.” Be sure to check the local weather forecast prior to your departure!
IS THERE WI-FI AND CELL PHONE SERVICE?
Yes. All retreat lodging provides access to free wi-fi. Cell phone reception depends on your service provider, but is generally good.
IS THIS RETREAT JUST FOR WOMEN?
Yes! Women bring and share a unique perspective and energy. You can expect to form lifelong friendships and bonds with other attendees.
DO I HAVE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ARTIST TO ATTEND?
Not at all! We welcome women of all skill levels who are ready to learn and create. We will guide you through every step of the process. Magazine collage is a fun and fascinating art form, which can also be very meditative and give you a true sense of accomplishment.
WILL I HAVE ANY FREE TIME TO EXPLORE THE SURROUNDINGS?
Yes! You’ll have blocks of free time set aside each day to enjoy activities of your own choosing such as using the pool and hot tub, hiking, exploring waterfalls, shopping, photography, reading, and napping. Additionally, the retreat activities listed are subject to change due to availability, number of participants, and weather. You are also welcome to continue working on your collages at any time you wish throughout the weekend!
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL?
We know life is sometimes unpredictable! You may cancel your reservation up to 45 days prior to the retreat start date and receive a full refund (less $350 non-refundable deposit) provided you notify us in writing. Due to the need to plan ahead and consider every detail, there are no refunds if you cancel within the 45 day window of the retreat start date. If you are unable to attend, we encourage you to find a replacement for your spot. If we have a waiting list, we can assist you in this process. If you find someone to replace you, you will receive a full refund (less $350 non-refundable deposit) once their payment is made and confirmed. In the case of acts of God, war, disaster, or unforeseen circumstances, Tracie Joyner Art reserves the right to cancel the retreat and give registrants the option of receiving a full refund or rescheduling to another retreat date.
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Just CONTACT US and we'll be happy to help!